We need to compensate for dot gain, which occurs in the majority of all printing methods, in the reproduction of artwork. Positive elements tend to grow. Negative Elements tend to fill in. In a combination of a positive text printing into a negative background, we need to consider both, growth of positive elements and filling in of negative elements.
A separation gap will be applied between colours depending on the individual requirements during reproduction.
Separation gaps should not be applied to artwork files to avoid being mistaken as a printed outline.
Sizing and spacing
- Positive line:
- Individual lines - minimum 0.2mm
- Lines grouped together - minimum 0.1mm
- In the printing direction (horizontal) - minimum 0.25mm
- Negative line:
- Lines grouped together - minimum 0.25mm
- Opposite of the printing direction - minimum 0.35mm